What to Check When Buying a Used Laptop
While purchasing a pre-owned laptop, you must know what to check when buying a used laptop. It’s the computer age and nowadays lifetime is considered by computer usage and development which effects on all aspects of our life. The laptop is very common in use by everybody. Everybody cannot afford the brand new expensive laptops so they prefer to buy used laptops as the only left option. One needs to be vigilant while purchasing a second-hand laptop.
Below are some helpful tips:
- Before buying any used laptop, you should ask yourself what you are planning to do with it. You should know what exactly you need. Look for the required applications, battery life, portability, RAM, CPU Etc.
- It is very important to inspect the laptop body carefully. It is advisable to check the used laptop’s working condition, preferably buy a second-hand laptop that is within three years old. Must check if there are any cracks, missing screws or any other loopholes.
- Must check the battery of laptop as it should support the longevity away from a power source or doesn’t drain too fast. In another case, you may directly ask for the cost of battery replacement or a spare AC adapter.
- Must examine the important peripherals of the laptop. Most used parts are only the keyboard and trackpad. Look over the broken or non-working keys, mouse keys should be present and smooth. Make sure if the CD drives are working properly. Check all other available inputs such as USB port, headphone jack, SD card slot etc. Test the webcam and speakers too.
- The speed of the laptop is determined by the amount of RAM, so must check for the RAM memory spaces. Avoid purchasing a used laptop with memory less than 128 MB, as it cannot run many of the programs and applications that are available in standard computers of today.
- Must examine the software licenses as the preloaded operating system is genuine and make sure any product keys are made offered to you. Ask for the genuine software CDs, recovery CD, drivers and backup media.
- Last but not the least, portability matters a lot. So must think of size and weight before buying, it should be small enough to transport it comfortably.
In nutshell, we can say that always examine the important factors like the laptop brand, size, weight, battery life, connectivity, storage, memory, and processing power. Get the best deal which gives you the value for your money spent.